Here's a quick guide how to maintain the food and drink supply at τοlabάκι. If you would like to help with this task leave a message on the Talk: page.
Get some low cost items (prefferably <=0.5€/piece) from supermarket. Usually spend at most 20€ for a full restock. Get a receipt and leave it above the refrigirator, and if you want scan it and post it here. Some 'common' supplies are:
Here is a list of some reference prices. We can use this as a guide when shopping, to adjust the recommended donation amount, or just to check the minimum amount we should donate when using something. Tip: ideally, the price you should pay at the store is close to the prices below. However, you have some wiggle room, up to the recommended donation amount (maybe a rule of thumb for the maximum price could be 5-10% less than the recommended donation amount?).
|Potato chips (large)||€1.20||€1.50|
The recommended donation amounts ideally and practically are a bit higher than the cost; this is in order to cover:
- generic expenses such as paper towel and water (you can't ask someone to donate when drinking a sip of water or using a paper towel :P)
- price instability: discounts aren't always available; setting the recommended donation a bit higher keeps us from changing it all the time
- UX: it isn't very user friendly for someone to donate exactly €0.18 for a mini chocolate
- snacks for first time guests: we want our guests/potential members to feel welcome; asking to donate for eating a chocolate doesn't help with that ;)
- the server and other similar expenses, of course ;).