A mediawiki theme built for the tolabaki hackerspace. Based on the strapping theme. Uses bootstrap extensively. You can use it now by setting your theme as labstrap in your appearance preferences. Note that this is still very much work in progress and things might look strange and/or break. Please send your feedback to saloni.
Code and Building
The code is hosted on code.tolabaki.gr.
To build the theme you will need Node.js and npm to be installed.
npm install to install the node modules needed to build labstrap.
make build to build labstrap inside the build folder. Happy hacking :-)
Current logo eats too much vertical space(fixed)
Current color scheme is vanilla bootstrap and not final(vanilla no more)
Current layout is not final. See here for some mockups
- Footer needs more content.
At least social and contact links should be added
- Search autocompletion works but not as good as with the vector theme + vector extensions. See this for more details.
- Tables styled with
.wikitablelook a little alien. A workaround is to replace the
.wikitableclass with bootstrap table classes (ex.
.table-bordered) and remove
border="1". Aside from being a pain it also breaks (visual) compatibility with the other themes
- Some wiki elements (buttons, textboxes etc.) might not be properly styled
- Pages that may need a custom layout (such as then main page) need to include a
- Some responsive elements need tweaking
- LESS stylesheets need some renaming and/or reorganization
Thoughts on the UI
- Move toolbox from the article header to the space next to the user menu (upper right corner)
- Create a History button next to the Edit button (like MDN)